In light of the COVID-19 outbreak and the Australian Government Department of Health advise that people with compromised immune systems and people with chronic medical conditions are amongst those who are at greatest risk of infection, D.A.T.A’s social events for March, April and May have been cancelled.
The committee will continue to monitor Health Department recommendations and will advice members of any further changes that may be necessary to D.A.T.A’s activities.
Practice good hygiene to protect against infection and prevent the virus spreading.
Good hygiene includes:
- covering your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- disposing of tissues properly
- washing your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet
- using alcohol-based hand sanitisers
- cleaning and disinfecting surfaces
- if you are sick, avoiding contact with others and staying more than 1.5 metres away from people